January 31, 2010

We're going to Kentucky, We're going to the Fair!

We're actually going to the West Side Market!  After a glorious brutal win on Clark fields with Team Arterx, I rushed home to greet Stefanie (sister), Kurt (brother in law) and Chase (nephew) at the apartment. This was the little  guys first viewing of my new place in Lakewood and he was such a big boy walking up the three flights of stairs to get to the space.  After a quick tour we heading towards Ohio City in search of "Big Fish" as Chase kept saying. 1pm on a Saturday at the market is a crazy time to go, but it added to the cultural ambiance of the visit. Recycled Shopping bags in hand Stef and I set out to grab some fresh produce while Kurt and Chase had a learning lesson in fruits and veggies. If you have never heard a 2 year old say "asparagus", I can tell you its absolutely adorable! I grabbed avocados, asparagus, cucumbers and a huge head of cabbage (I'm gonna reattempt cabbage and noodles - wish me luck).

We stepped inside the complex to peruse the over 70 vendors that provide meat, dairy  products, pastries and seafood to the greater CLE area.  Stef had a shopping list so Kurt, Chase and I walked around looking for the "big fish" Chase wanted to see.  We tasted popcorn, tried some beef jerky and of course got a sausage sandwich at Franks.  Stef walked away with some great deals and I snapped some fun pictures.

 Chase and his catch of the day

 Kurt and Chase checking out some seafood

 Kurt also found a favorite at Vera's Bakery

Even though he's not looking at the camera, the propped elbow on my shoulder proves his stud status

Check out the West Side Market here to find out more about this historic working landmark.  

Here's to a great weekend - Cheers Cleveland!  -S

Next Stop ------>  The Root Cafe

1 comment:

  1. cutest little guy ever!!! looks like a super fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete