February 3, 2010

Ladies dine at Luxe

I know I said I would be writing about Root Cafe tonight, but I think my Monday night adventures will be more exciting. Monday was a crazy day at work... it literally sucked. Luckily I had dinner plans with 6 wonderful friends, which made pulling off the side of the road to send an excel sheet to a client so much more worth it! I was 30 minutes late to dinner at Luxe because of that spreadsheet I can't complain too much, that grid is the reason I get paid.

I walked into the loungy restaurant and was greeted by Katie, Sarah, Jamie, Candice, Maggie and Laura - all of my favorite girls from Willoughby we were missing Annie, she wasn't feeling well. The girls and I have been doing this new thing, every two weeks we meet at a new restaurant. It started on New Years Eve at Momocho, mid January at The Greenhouse Tavern and Monday at Luxe. Our good friend Dylan works at Luxe and they have amazing happy hour specials which were both an added bonus! I slammed 3 hoegaardens in very little time (buy one get one... don't judge) and was so happy to be in good company. The girls always know what to say and how to cheer me up... I won't tell you what candice said and did in the mens bathroom, but it was epic! The food was great, conversation was awesome and I realized where I learned to drink like a fish. The night ended with me rushing to the Y to swim a mile. A few words of advice; Don't drink and Swim....

L to R: Jamie (and baby), Sarah, Katie, Laura

Maggie and Candice

Sarah and Katie sharing a moment


Luxe is located in the Gordon Arts District along the Detroit Shoreway

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. I always love going out with friends. Of course, the AK region doesn't have such posh places to eat...so it's usually like Rockne's or Barley House.

    Did you ever figure out the wordpress header thing? I realized I sent you a note on Twitter, but I think it got truncated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa - I'm still working on the wordpress header issue... I'm not as familiar with changing things around on there but I like the formating of the pages a lot better... Although I will miss studio space, its become home to me! Hopefully I will have the new site up and running soon... THANK YOU for your support and help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss fun (have kid, sacrifice nights out for nights in). I need to get out of this house!

    ReplyDelete