January 6, 2010

Positive Energy Needed

Being a firm believer in the power of positive thinking, If you could please send positive thoughts to my Grammy, they will not go unnoticed. I just got word from my dad that Grammy is in the hospital and they are unsure what is wrong. Truth is my mom went over to her house yesterday and she was fine, but over night and into the morning things took a turn for the worse. They are treating her for meningitis which means I am not allowed to see her or go see my mom who is with her. My sister and I were just talking and were both in shock. Grammy, to us, is immortal. Being a caretaker for 25 years to my grandpa who passed away 2 years ago, she was never sick - she was the one bedside and now she's in it. What makes me so upset is that I want to talk to my mom, she would tell me it will be okay, but right now, she is telling her own mother it will be okay. My mom and grammy are the 2 strongest women I know. I can't see my mom lose another parent so soon after losing her father, so please send us your positive thoughts and prayers.


Update - 9:16pm - No change yet, but grammy hasn't gotten any worse. I think the positive prayers are doing us good! Please keep them coming...

Update - 01/07/2010 - 12:14pm - As my mom said to me this morning, it is no longer in our hands. Grammy asked this morning, "what is wrong with me" - although this is sad, its a good sign; it shows progress. She is a strong lady, she will survive this, she needs to survive this. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Update - 01/07 - 9:45pm - Mom called this afternoon and said Grammy is doing okay. Stef went to see her and said It wasn't the best, she just doesn't look the same. The woman is a saint, she is a caretaker, a baby sitter, a role model, and the best damn cook I know. With this being bacterial meningitis, there is a chance she will not fully recover. I don't know how she, being so stuck in her ways of always moving and working hard, will be able to just do nothing. Its in Gods hands right now. Your thoughts and prayers are working... things are slowly getting better

3 comments:

  1. Def sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your whole family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelley,

    I'll keep your gramma in my thoughts and prayers and will send positive thoughts her way...Stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hon. Sending you my warmest thoughts and hugs.

    ReplyDelete