January 1, 2010

44 things you might not know about me...

1. I love to be in the kitchen. I feel it is the heart of every home.
2. Natalie Wood is my favorite female actress, and even though Christopher Walken is a great actor, I still believe he had a role in her death.


3. I have a slight fear of heights and an even greater fear of dark water - and I have been swimming competitively since I was 8 years old
4. I tell my mother most everything, but have not been able to tell her I'm a social smoker.
5. I strongly believe in the power of positive thinking
6. Pam and Jim's relationship on The Office is amazing, I can't wait to find my best friend.
7. I do not like being in a car or plane for more than 2.5 hours
8. I would really enjoy going to the Olympic Games once in my lifetime
9. I love performing arts. Opera, ballet, concerts, Broadway... love it
10. I enjoy watching old dance movies that feature Gene Kelly - An American In Paris is my favorite
11. While I was in middle school, my family and I lost all our belongings in a house fire. If my mom wouldn't have woken up, we could have lost my father as well. I never take anything for granted. Life is too precious.
12. I believe I am equal parts of both my sisters. I have the positivity and creativity of my sister Sara; strength and humor of my sister Stefanie.
13. Most people hate hospitals. I don't - I still think about becoming a nurse


14. I enjoy listening to covers of The Beatles; Across the Universe and I Am Sam are favorite soundtracks of mine
15. I think Turkey Hot Dogs are amazing
16. I am completely obsessed with Diet Dr. Pepper and not ashamed to talk about all 23 flavors
17. I have fallen in love, but was not loved the same in return - I hate the feeling of a broken heart, its as if an elephant just came and sat on your chest.
18. My parents have been married for 30 years and are still going strong- they are a great inspiration to me
19. Penny Lane - Kate Hudson's character in Almost Famous - is a profound inspiration in my life. "It's all happening."

20. My friend doesn't know, but I started crying at the LIGHTS concert when I realized I would never be as skinny as she is
21. I love to write people. Everyone feels special when they receive mail and I like to make people feel special.
22. Out of the 5 love languages - physical touch is my first love language. words of affirmation is my second
23. I love to dance, and I think I'm pretty good at it
24. I steal my neighbors wireless
25. I have a fascination with wearing lingerie under normal day clothes. I like that I'm the only one that knows
26. I love the smell of chlorine on someones body after they have been swimming.
27. I read Eat Pray Love and decided I would learn Italian - I stopped trying after 2 weeks.
28. I have never been out of the country and am totally willing to suffer through the flight to jump the pond
29. I had braces for 5 years and still think my teeth are messed up
30. I have never been ice skating or skiing/snowboard - I'm hoping to change that this winter
31. When I'm upset, the two people I turn to are my parents. They have a way of saying exactly what I need to hear - Usually a hug and "I love you"
32. I believe that I will die by drowning - so does mom. She had reoccurring dreams of me drowning when I was a baby.
33. My dream house is a large house, New England style, wood floors, white linens, french doors and windows that are constantly open, wispy tall grass, a willow tree, and a large lake in the front (possibly the one that will take my life)


34. While in college I studied Fashion Merchandising with hopes of one day owning my own eclectic boutique. I'm a bit off track right now with my 10 year plan, but I hope to get there... one day.
35. I have only been in one legitimate labeled relationship and it lasted 4 months. I was a freshman in college and he took everything. We still talk here and there.
36. My grandmother died when she was 68. I wonder what she would have done at my age if she knew 1/3 of her life was over. I have started to live every day as if it were my last.
37. Although I don't go to church regularly, I still feel a spiritual connection to the lives around me and the undefined spirit world
38. Whenever I fret about money. I take a deep breath and look around my apartment. There are some people who don't even have that.
39. I feel dreams are a powerful reflection into the soul, and if read correctly can be a guiding light towards the future
40. I am looking forward to having children and if everyone is healthy, I would like to have my kids the most natural way possible - I don't want medications or hospital gowns to take away my experience of child birth.
41. I have a tattoo and got it strategically placed in a location my mother and father would never see it, but I told them about it the next day.
42. Even though I don't have much experience in Love and relationships, my friends still trust my advice on them.
43. I think schedules are needed at times, and when a spontaneous moment comes along I'm not afraid.
44. I have yet to say "I love you". I'm very happy I still have that moment to share with someone.


Happy New Year
S

2 comments: