January 7, 2010

2 words: Cleveland Winter


Today at about 2:30 pm, it started snowing, a lot. So much actually that we received an email from HR that if conditions were as bad tomorrow and we couldn't drive to work, we should work from home. To bad the office is 5 minutes away from my apartment. Driving in the snow is extremely fun for me because I have Izzy underneath me. She's a happy healthy 1 year old Subaru Impreza, and the chick knows how to tear it up on the side streets. Unfortunately if your from Ohio, you've come to realize that even though we're used to extreme conditions, some act like they are from Florida. "What is that white stuff and why am I fishtailing everywhere?" Seriously! Pick it up people! I know you want to be safe, but you're more likely to spin at 5 mph than keeping it a steady 25. I can't even imagine what people did when they didn't have snow plows. According to this picture from the Cleveland storm of 1950, they had shoveling parties to clear the streets.

The weather is going to be pretty bad for the next few days, just in time for our first winter football game on Saturday! The team looks great this season - broken bones have healed and we have added some height in the back zones. Nothing like playing outside in the middle of a Winter Snow Storm! PS: If you google image "touch football" you get a lot of results, some involving "touch", some involving "football" and a few involving Elvis??

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh your so lucky to have that car in this weather!

    And I guess the winters used to be much snowier back when our parents' generation were kids and having to dig yourself out must have sucked. We're spoiled with the snow plows! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew he was still alive!!

    ReplyDelete