January 30, 2010

Lets do the time warp again

Friday night I set out on an adventure to find my creative side and wound up in 1972 surrounded by antique avocado dishes and polyester...lots of polyester. Flower Child, located directly on Clifton, provides thrifters and vintage advocates alike a chance to time warp. Serving the Greater CLE area, Flower Child has been open for 7 years dishing out decor and threads from the 1930's through 1970's. I found myself aimlessly walking through set displays wanting to purchase everything and anything. I have to say the furniture was a bit pricey but is really fun to look at. Sifting through the record albums, I found a few that would look great on the office wall and knew I could easily mount them with UO record frames. Not wanting to waste the classic beats I would send em' off to Bob (dad) who has a record player. I figured he would enjoy the sweet sounds of a young Santana and James Taylor (the record actually had a version of Taylor signing You've Got a Friend which is Bob and my's father-daughter song). Walking up to the counter with what I thought would be my purchases, the woman working casually asked me if I had been downstairs yet... uh oh, I knew then and there I aka my budget was in trouble.

Creaking down the tiny stairwell lands you in a mecca of housewares, barware, clothing and furniture from varying decades. 20 different rooms, each owned by a specific vendor, are scattered throughout the slanting lines of the basement. Rooms like the one featured below had me trying on hats, fumbling through racks of synthetic fiber and wondering how Pam (mom) ever fit into those leather pants...


I have to say, for the hour I spent in Flower Child, a smile never left my face. I wanted to make a bed out of the
vintage Ladies Home Journal and spend the night! Totally awesome place to go on a Friday night. I ended up
ditching the records and opted for this amazing Mens cardigan in my favorite color of the moment, Avocado!
I also snagged a cute little pom pom hat in off white. Hoping to wear it soon, as CLE is blistery these days



Enjoy the evening and stay warm Lakewood!

To learn more about Flower Child visit http://www.flowerchildretro.com/

Next stop -----> West Side Market with Chase (nephew) Stef (sister) and Kurt (brother in law)

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to drag myself up to the retro shops up there, I used to hit them up frequently when I lived up that way. Nothing quite as good down here. Great find and stay warm - it has been blustry cold lately.

    ReplyDelete