January 5, 2010

I... get... so... weak in the knees, I can hardly speak.....

....No seriously! The elliptical is killing my legs and taking my breath away! Luckily I'm enjoying every second of it! I joined the Lakewood YMCA just before the new year and have to say I have only seen 1 attractive male there so far... WTF! I mean sure that's not the only reason I joined. As my mom says we all need to be a bit healthier this year. Also it helps relieve some of the stresses of the work day. Of course I did think, maybe, by some act of God I would happen to stumble into the man of my dreams. I'm sure no one wants to really approach me after 3 miles on the tready. A girl can dream though.

Here are a few other reasons I like the Y:

1. I can swim whenever I want and I look really good doing it next to all those older people.
2. Working out never made me feel crappy. Endorphins are always buzzing!
3. Workout Mixes... I love the way my butt starts to move a little bit more when a really awesome song comes on
4. Because what else am I supposed to do this winter - I live in Cleveland!

A few things I could do without:

1. Remember those older people in the pool... try that in the locker room. ugh
2. Stinky people
3. Dudes who grunt while they lift - I think I can hear you moaning over Girl Talk
4. Forgetting my Nalgene in the car, going to purchase water from the vending machine, and now having $4 in quarters sitting in my book bag because I only had a 5 on me

All in all, I'm starting to love going to the gym.

What helps you enjoy your workouts???

No comments:

Post a Comment