January 29, 2010

Turn to ICE

Yesterday A. and I snuck out of work early to travel down to Columbus and see two or our favorite artists. A. had introduced me to both Owl City and Lights early in the summer of 2009 and I became a bit addicted to the electropopmusic that was coming through the speakers. I can still remember driving through Wlby Hills one Saturday afternoon this July, trying to keep up with LIGHTS crazy lyrically verse in ICE...
I'm looking at you looking at me, what can I do but say sorry
It's a little late but you know I just want you to be happy.
What I got to say to make you let me get away with it this time.
I know you're upset and that you're happy just to sit and hate me,
But I'll make a bet that you'll be better to forget about me,
Even better yet I'll let a little light melt the ice, ice baby!
She sings all that in under 20 seconds and its hilarious if you ever catch me singing along in the car.

All-in-all the evening was charged with two 20-somethings watching two 20-somethings fulfill their life long goal. This produced a 30 minute road trip conversation about life and how both A and myself are ready to fully immerse ourselves in side projects. I really want this blog to keep me and its followers
(that have been so awesome and helpful) empowered.

Whether it's just the starting block of something bigger, or the ultimate success story, Songbird will be my in! People are gonna love me!
just kidding :) ----- S


LIGHTS and Me after an awesome show in Columbus, Ohio

http://www.iamlights.com/blog
http://owlcitymusic.com/blog.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of her - going to check it out. Glad you had a fun time.

    Yeah, I totally agree - I need to immerse myself into a side project. Let's stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete