December 5, 2009

I think my Christmas tree is leaning; but I don't care

I'm still putting the finishing touches on my Christmas decorations at the apartment. But so far I'm pleased! The Christmas tree purchased at target ($25 mind you) is holding up wonderfully and was super easy to assemble - even for me. The candles everywhere add a soft touch, unfortunately last night one had a bit of an accident....
.... I came home yesterday to a freezing apartment. Seems that I left the front window open, mostly because I couldn't shut it, while on my trip to Texas. I was so cold upon my return, I turned on every radiator not thinking of how quickly they heat up. After an awesome dinner with ATF, I returned home and fell fast asleep; mostly a bi-product of the 6 pack I drank and the fact that my apartment was a heated incubator.
While moving Christmas decorations around after a shopping stint at the bulls eye this morning, I realized my awesome three wick candle is now a pile of wax due to its bad placement on top of the radiator shelf. It literally melted from the bottom up! Luckily I was able to salvage most of it.
The rest of the decoration are still in tact.. aside from the two candle light bulbs I broke while cleaning.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment