October 17, 2009

Football Frenzy

Oh Saturday, I love when we get to cuddle up and sleep in on these cold fall mornings together ... OR when the alarm clock rings at 7:00am to get ready for Saturday football!

Yes all, I have re-started my position on Local 306; they needed a girl and its not like I really did much before I broke my finger.
----For those who are unaware of my current situation, here's the quick story. 2nd week of football I broke my right small finger in an attempt to recover a fumble. I thought it would be a simple fix, but it turned out I needed surgery! So now I have titanium plates and screws in my delicate hand. Aside from having to wear a cast for two weeks and having the fattest finger in the world, I'm doing much better and therapy is going really well.----

Adam, our team captain and my trusty side kick in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, asked me to come out and "just stand there". Well I definitely did more than just stand there; the current condition of my football cleats and white Muni Pool sweatshirt is proof.

Our team did like we always do for the first half; interceptions thrown, balls dropped and a few touchdowns from the opposition that should have been prevented. Some how, after about 6 weeks, Taseff had an Oprah "Ah-Ha" moment and asked to use the oppositions football (Bouce and Sons - #1 team, naturally - and many of our other opponents play with a smaller ball than we do.) There was a dramatic difference in play and team moral for the second half. Ryan Cravotta was a force to be reckoned with and Adam Taseff chimed in with two touchdowns, not to mention his two extra point blocks in the first half. We were a completely different team and it felt great! Although we still didn't catch up enough to win, I think that was the most fun I've had playing with these guys since our first game. I can assure you if it weren't 10am and I wasn't poor, I would have gone to the Tremont Treehouse with my teammates.

But, celebrate we will tonight! Ryan has a birthday request and it involves Cleveland Beer Week. We will start the celebration at Great Lakes Brewery, a place I have yet to visit, and then work our way to East 4th or West 6th. Yes, I know I'm taking my single self into the land of douch-baggery, simply known as West 6th; but like any guy is really going to approach a chick who thinks a hand splint is the top fall fashion accessory.

Looking forward to a great night!

http://www.clevelandplays.com/League.aspx?LeagueID=524
http://www.clevelandbeerweek.org/
http://www.treehousecleveland.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment