November 3, 2009

Can You Pay My Bills?

Destiny's Child wasn't kidding when they wrote their 1999 smash hit Bills, Bills, Bills: at any age you need to find someone that can help you get out of the red. I'm not saying I want someone that holds all the pink slips in his hand, I just want a bit of dual income action. That also doesn't mean that I only think realtionships/marriage are a financial tool; there should be a lot of love behind the words "I love you" or "I do". But, between school loans, car, rent, and other miscellaneous bills, its really hard to find yourself in a comfortable place. Yes, you're right, having someone elses debt might not help either. But at least then you won't feel bad when you tell your boyfriend or husband he needs to eat Turkey hot dogs for the next three days because rent is due. At least at the end of the day, you get to eat hot dogs together...

No comments:

Post a Comment